When the iOS 14 upgrade was released, many users reported that their iPhone would disconnect from WiFi after a few minutes. Here’s how to fix it.
The why does my iphone keep disconnecting from wifi when locked is a common issue that many iPhone users have been experiencing. Some fixes to the problem include turning off WiFi, restarting your device, and updating your phone.
The date on which this page was last modified was September 4, 2021. -dev D (author) Tagged With: iOS
You may have noticed that your iPhone’s WiFi keeps disconnecting or that your iOS device won’t remain connected to WiFi on occasion. You are not alone; many other iPhone owners are experiencing the same WiFi issue. Users have reported that their iPhone “keeps disconnecting from wifi while locked” after the recent iOS 14 update. Apart from the iOS upgrade, iPhones disconnecting from wifi at random may occur in a variety of situations. We have a step-by-step troubleshooting method in this article to assist you solve WiFi Dropping Out or Not Available After iOS Update.
Connect your iPhone or iPad to a Wi-Fi network.
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi from your Home screen.
- Wi-Fi should be turned on. Your device will search for accessible Wi-Fi networks on its own.
- To join a Wi-Fi network, tap the name of the network.
If you’re in a rush, this fast remedy for the wifi constantly disconnecting issue on an iOS iPhone worked for me.
- Locate your connected router in the WiFi settings.
- The tiny I next to the router’s name should be tapped.
- Make sure Auto-Join is enabled on first.
- Unless you use a static IP and DNS, ensure sure setup IP and DNS are set to Auto.
- Then, at the top of the page, hit Forget This Network.
- Then restart both the phone and the wireless router at the same time.
- After both devices have completely restarted, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and tap on your router.
- You’ll have to re-enter your WiFi password before you can join.
- After you’ve rejoined, press on the tiny I again to make sure Auto-Join is enabled and the IP and DNS settings are set to auto.
- Make sure your Wifi connection is steady.
If you have the time, keep reading to learn more about the problem and how to properly resolve the WiFi disconnect issue.
Why is my iPhone’s WiFi connection dropping?
There are a number of factors that may cause WiFi and internet connection issues on your iPhone. However, they can all be traced back to two origins.
- The issue with the wireless router
- Your iPhone is the source of the problem.
If anything goes wrong with the WiFi router, such as a brief outage, firmware problems, or a faulty component, it will fail to send out a WiFi signal and create the WiFi problem.
Again, damaged components and software problems on iOS devices, as well as improper or invalid networking settings on the iPhone, may cause your iPhone to lose WiFi indefinitely.
How to Fix an iPhone That Constantly Disconnects from WiFi
Possible ways to repair WiFi Dropping Out or Not Available on iPhone are shown below.
Connect another device to the same WiFi network. If other devices can connect to WiFi, it’s most likely your iPhone that’s the issue. If other devices are producing similar issues, it’s likely that the Router is the only source of the issue.
Ensure that your iPhone is inside the network’s coverage area.
02. To fix the connection problem and stabilize the network, turn off and on the WiFi on your iPhone.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Wi-Fi. Turn off the Wi-Fi toggle and turn it back on after a few moments.
- You may also try turning on and off Airplane Mode in the Settings to re-establish connection.
03. Turning off Bluetooth may assist if your Bluetooth settings are interfering with your iPhone’s ability to connect to the internet.
04. Your WiFi connection may become unreliable as a result of your VPN connection. Let’s unplug the iOS devices from the VPN connection and see whether it solves the WiFi disconnect problem.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > VPN.
- Then, under VPN settings, switch off the Status toggle.
Restart your iPhone/Wifi Router
Most minor software issues on the iPhone, like the WiFi connectivity issue, may be fixed by restarting it.
- If you have an iPhone X or later, press and hold the Side and Volume Up buttons together to bring up the power off slider, then drag it to turn your iPhone off.
- Press and hold the Side button on an iPhone 8 or earlier to bring up the slider, then move it to turn off the phone.
- To turn your iPhone back on after it has been turned off, keep pushing the Side button.
Try rebooting your WiFi router at the same time as your iPhone. It’s possible that WiFi problems are caused by the router rather than the iPhone.
Update your iOS to the most recent version.
Apple releases numerous enhancements and bug fixes with regular iOS updates. Updating your iOS to the most recent version is the first step in resolving many issues, such as WiFi connection loss.
- Select General from the Settings menu.
- Select “Software Update” and, if an update is available, install it.
- Choose “download and install” from the drop-down menu.
Disable WiFi Assist
Because WiFi Assist may make it difficult for your phone to remain connected to a WiFi network, turning it off may help.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Choose between cellular and mobile data.
- Scroll down to Wi-Fi assist and turn it off if it’s enabled.
Reconnect to your WiFi Network after you’ve forgotten about it.
- On your iPhone, open the Settings app and tap the Wi-Fi bar.
- Next to the WiFi network your iPhone is linked to, tap the I symbol.
- To confirm, touch Forget This Network and then Forget in the pop-up dialog.
- To rejoin, choose the network you wish to connect to and enter in the password.
- In addition, IP and DNS configurations are set to auto.
Reset Network Configuration
Resetting your iPhone’s network settings may help you fix the issue. The network connection features on your iPhone will be refreshed as a result of this. Delete all of your iPhone’s current network settings and reset them to factory defaults.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset.
- Select Reset Network Settings from the drop-down menu.
- When prompted, enter the password and choose Reset Network Settings from the tiny pop-up box.
- Your iPhone will restart on its own.
Note: When you do a network reset, all of your stored WiFi passwords are deleted, and you must re-enter the WiFi password to join to the WiFi network.
Restore the factory settings of your iPhone
If none of the previous options work and your iPhone WiFi continues to drop, you may attempt a factory reset.
Note: Using this technique will delete all existing data, including applications, message history, contacts, and other information. We highly advise you to create a backup of your iPhone data before proceeding.
- Switch off the toggle for Find My iPhone in Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Find My iPhone.
- Open iTunes after connecting your iPhone to your computer.
- When iTunes recognizes your iPhone, click the device icon.
- To confirm, press the Restore iPhone button and then the Restore button on the pop-up window.
Did these methods assist you in resolving the issue of your iPhone’s wifi disconnecting automatically? Please let us know in the comments section below.
The iphone keeps disconnecting from wifi saying incorrect password is a problem that many iPhone users are experiencing. This issue can be fixed by following these steps.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my Wi-Fi not working after the iOS 14 update?
Apple has changed their update policy to require that users connect to a cellular network before connecting to the internet. This is required in order for your device to be able to download and install updates, which can sometimes take up to an hour.
Why does my new iPhone keep disconnecting from Wi-Fi?
If your iPhone keeps losing its Wi-Fi connection, it could be a sign that the device is low on battery power. The best thing to do in this case is to plug your phone into a charger and let it charge for a few hours before trying again.
Does iOS 14.3 fix Wi-Fi issues?
iOS 14.3 did not address Wi-Fi issues that some users have been experiencing.
- iphone disconnects from wifi when locked ios 14
- iphone keeps dropping wifi 2020
- iphone keeps disconnecting from wifi 2021
- iphone wifi not working after update ios 14
- why does my iphone keep disconnecting from wifi when on facetime