Notifications are a key feature of Windows 10, but sometimes they can be distracting. Here’s how to turn them off in Windows 11.
Windows 11 may be a revolution, with improved functionality and an intuitive user interface, and it will be accessible as an update for all Windows 10 users. It has new productivity and social capabilities, as well as improved security and accessibility. Windows 11 will be accessible through the taskbar and will include Microsoft Edge, which is based on Chromium. Anyway, let’s have a look at how to disable notifications in Windows 11 before it goes live, shall we?
How to Turn Off Windows 11 Notifications
When you no longer want to be distracted by alerts, Windows 11 allows you to turn them off. It has options for disabling alerts, alert texts, noises, and changing priority, among other things.
Method 1: Turning off Action Center Notification
1.1 Notifications Suggestions
From the available notifications, there are three distinct methods to switch off the notifications.
1. Click the three-dotted menu if you get a notice on your computer screen. Select “Turn off all suggested alerts.” You will no longer get notifications from the app.
2. Select the Date and Time from the drop-down menu. Select the notice and then select the three-dot menu icon. Now, choose “Turn off all recommended notifications.”
3. In addition, go to Settings and choose System > Notifications from the drop-down menu. Uncheck the boxes next to the following choices as you go down.
- Make recommendations on how I should set up my gadget.
- When I use Windows, I get recommendations and ideas.
While using Windows 11, you will no longer get any such notice.
Method 2: In Windows 11, go to Settings and disable notifications.
2.1 Disable pop-up notifications
1. To access the Settings menu, press Windows + I or choose Start from the Start menu.
2. Select System Settings from the drop-down menu.
3. Select the Notifications option from the middle pane.
4. Disable the Notifications toggle.
2.2 Disable Notifications for Specific Apps
1. Select the Settings option from the Start menu.
2. Navigate to System Settings and choose Notifications.
3. Scroll down to see which applications and programs will be sending you alerts.
4. Choose the app you wish to use.
5. Disable the toggle next to the program you want to disable.
You will no longer get alerts from the applications in question.
How to Turn Off Automatic Updates in Windows 11 is a related article.
2.3 Turn off Notifications on the Lock Screen
1. From the Start menu, choose Settings, or press Windows + I to get the Settings menu.
2. Select System >> Notifications from the drop-down menu.
3. Uncheck the option that says “Show Notifications on Lock Screen.”
4. Uncheck the boxes if you want the following to operate without being interrupted.
- On the lock screen, show incoming VoIP call reminders.
- Allow sound to be played when notifications are received.
2.4 Disable Banner Notifications
1. Select Settings >> System >> Notifications from the drop-down menu.
2. Click the app for which you wish to deactivate banners in the Get alerts from applications and other Senders section.
3. Check the option next to Show Notification Banners and uncheck it.
As a result, you will no longer get banners from the relevant app.
More on How to Turn Off Windows 11 Notifications
Disable Notifications for a Set Amount of Time
1. Type Focus Assist using the Windows + S keys.
2. Hit the Enter key.
3. Enable Priority Only by clicking on it.
4. Go to the section Automatic Rules.
5. Select the Arrow from the During these Times drop-down menu.
6. Turn on the settings. Select the Start and End Times now.
7. Select Dropdown from the Repeat menu. Choose from Daily, Weekday, and Weekend.
Keep the Priority Only option on the attention level.
To disable notifications when playing games, follow these steps: Select Priority Only from the Focus Assist menu. Now uncheck the box next to When I’m Playing a Game. You may also make changes to the Priority List as you see fit.
- To access Notifications, go to Settings >> System >> Notifications. Select Get Notification from Senders from the drop-down menu. Now choose a specific app and select a choice from Top, High, or Normal.
- Select Settings >> System >> Notifications from the Start menu. To play Sounds, uncheck the option next to All Notifications. Alternatively, you may open Focus Assist and choose the Alarms Only option.
- To disable noises for a specific app, navigate to Settings >> System >> Notifications. Select the app by scrolling down. Then, when a notice comes, switch off Play a sound.
How to Change the Date and Time in Windows 11 is a related article.
Taskbar Notification Counts should be removed.
1. Right-click on the Notification Bar and choose Properties. The Date and Time bar in this instance.
2. Select Don’t display the amount of notifications from the drop-down menu.
That’s all there is to turning off alerts in Windows 11. Windows 11 will be more user-friendly than any prior version of Windows. Stay tuned to our Facebook and Twitter sites for additional information about Windows 11 and its upgrades.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I turn off all Windows notifications?
You can do this by going to the notification settings in Windows.
How do I turn off notification on my computer?
You can turn off notifications by going to the notification settings and turn them off.
How do I get rid of annoying notifications on Windows?
You can do this by going to the Windows notification settings and disabling notifications from programs you dont want to receive them.