This error is caused by a faulty or corrupt kernel. The Windows operating system uses the kernel to provide basic functionality, such as managing hardware and memory allocation. When this error occurs, it prevents your computer from booting properly.
The how to fix kernel data inpage error windows 10 is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft has released an update to fix the issue.
Claudiu Andone is a writer who lives in Romania.
Expert in Windows and Software
Claudiu, a veteran of the computer and scientific press, is focused on everything fresh from Microsoft. His sudden interest in computers began when he was a child and saw the first Home Computer. However, his… Continue reading
- Because it may damage your saved data, the KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR in Windows 11 is a highly severe BSoD.
- This often indicates a problem with your hard disk, so make a backup of your data as soon as possible.
- Before you start fiddling with the program, double-check the cords since a connection problem may be to blame.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We suggest Restoro PC Repair Tool to repair a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer problems, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eliminate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To address problems that are impacting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Windows 11 offers a lot of new features and a beautiful look, but it also inherits some of Windows 10’s problems.
For example, the KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR, which is well known to Windows 10 users, is a severe problem that may result in damaged files and possibly data loss.
The KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR BSoD is directly linked to storage disk problems, and it’s a problem you should solve right away.
Make a backup of your data and do some basic tests.
Because this stop code may indicate a problem with your storage device, you should take a few precautions before proceeding with any software debugging.
Make a backup of your data.
First and foremost, make a backup of your data as quickly as possible. If your hard disk is malfunctioning, things might become much worse, and you could lose your data.
As a result, you may manually copy and paste your sensitive data onto an external disk or another PC drive.
Make sure you transfer them to a different disk, not another partition on the same drive, since this may impact all partitions on that drive.
Ensure that the wires and connectors are in good working order.
Check all of the cable connections to and from your hard disk if you have access to the interior of your PC case.
One of them may be loose or connected incorrectly, resulting in the KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR.
If opening the case violates any warranty or if you’re not acquainted with the process, leave it to the manufacturer or the repair facility.
This may include error codes that may assist you in determining the root problem much more quickly. Here are a few examples of error codes:
- 0x0000007A – File access problems may cause this error.
- 0xC000009C – This code may be caused by bad hard disk sectors.
- 0xC000009D – This code indicates that there may be a problem with the connections or a hard disk failure.
- 0xC000016A – Bad sectors on your hard drive cause this error.
- 0xC0000185 – Look for any damage or incorrect connections in the wires.
In Windows 11, how can I solve the KERNEL DATA INPAGE error?
Use the Startup Repair first.
- Start Windows 11 from a bootable disk or reboot the computer three times in a row to enter Recovery Mode.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Select Advanced settings from the menu.
- After that, choose Startup Repair.
- If the system identifies any problems, it will begin to resolve them. If you get a notice stating that Startup Fix was unable to repair your computer, choose Advanced alternatives.
- You’ll be taken back to the main menu. Select Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, and then Startup Settings in the new window.
- After that, click Restart to restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Check whether the issue arises again when the PC restarts in Safe Mode. If it doesn’t, it’s likely that a third-party program is at blame, and you’ll need to remove it. If the problem continues, reboot the computer in Recovery Mode.
- From the main window, choose Advanced settings once again.
- Select Uninstall Updates and roll back any recent updates if you believe they are the source of the problem.
- If the preceding procedure fails to resolve the issue, choose System Restore from the same menu to restore your system to a prior restore point.
Learn how to build a Windows 11 bootable USB drive if you don’t already have one, and keep it safe for any future time you need to restore your system.
2. Run a CHKDSK scan on your computer.
- To launch Command Prompt with full rights, click the Search icon on the Taskbar, enter cmd, and then select Run as administrator.
- To execute the command, type or paste it and press Enter (the default drive for the system is C:, but you may change it to the drive letter of your matching system partition): C: chkdsk /r /f
- CHKDSK will try to repair any issues detected on your disk, so be patient while it runs and then restart your computer.
3. Perform a complete antivirus scan.
- On the Taskbar, click the Search button, enter windows security, and choose the program from the results.
- Now choose Virus & Threat Protection from the drop-down menu.
- Under the Quick scan button, choose Scan choices.
- Check the Microsoft Defender Offline scan box and click Scan Now.
- For the scan process to begin, you must restart your computer.
4. Reinstall or update the disk driver
4.1 Install the latest driver
- Select the program from the results by clicking the Search button and typing device manager.
- Select Properties from the right-click menu of the driver in the Disk drives section.
- Click the Update driver button after selecting the Driver tab.
- Select the first option, Search for drivers automatically.
- If new drivers are discovered, the system will install them. If not, you may use Windows Update to search for updated drivers.
- You’ll be sent to the Windows Update menu, where you should click the Check for Updates option.
- If any system updates are available, they will be downloaded and installed, with some updates including new disk device drivers.
4.2 Uninstall and reinstall the disk driver
- From the Taskbar, click the Search icon, enter device management, and then select the program from the results.
- Expand the Disk drives section, right-click the driver, and choose Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Driver tab, then Uninstall device from the drop-down menu.
- To confirm your decision, click Uninstall.
- Scan for hardware changes by right-clicking on the Disk drives section and selecting Scan for hardware changes.
- The system will reinstall the drive’s most recent driver.
5. Run an SFC scan
- To launch Command Prompt with admin rights, click the Search icon on the Taskbar, enter cmd, and choose Run as administrator.
- To execute the command, type or paste it and hit Enter: sfc /scannow sfc /scannow sfc /s
- Wait for the scan to finish scanning before proceeding. If any system files are corrupted, the program will identify and fix them.
6. Turn on the automatic paging system.
- To open File Explorer, use the Windows key + E.
- Select Properties from the right-click menu on This PC.
- From the right pane, choose Advanced system settings.
- Under the Performance section, click the Settings option.
- Click the Change button after selecting the Advanced tab.
- Click OK after checking the box that says “Automatically manage paging file size for all disks.”
- To make the modifications take effect, restart the computer.
What is the definition of a kernel failure?
The kernel is the operating system’s heart and soul, and it’s the first software to load when the system boots up.
The kernel failure, also known as kernel panic, is a safety feature of the operating system that causes all systems to shut down if it detects an internal catastrophic error.
It indicates that the system is unable to recover from the mistake, and it’s a safeguard against additional harm to your data and hardware.
This failure is usually accompanied by a blue screen with an error number, allowing you to investigate and resolve the issue before it worsens.
Another instance of BSoD indicating a major process failure
KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR is one of the BSoD problems that may occur on your computer, and it’s almost similar to the ones from Windows 10.
We hope that our remedies were successful in resolving the KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR, and that your machine now functions properly.
However, if the problem with your storage drive is really a physical issue, you should consider replacing it as soon as feasible.
It’s far better to utilize the finest backup software and search for a replacement component if the drive is exhibiting symptoms of wear or malfunctioning.
If you have any further ideas or have firsthand experience with this issue, please share them in the comments area below.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
The kernel data inpage error windows 10 reddit is a problem that has been present for a while. There are many solutions to fix the issue, but Reddit users have found one solution.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix kernel data Inpage error?
If you are using a custom kernel, make sure that your custom kernel has the Inpage error fix enabled.
What does KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR mean?
This is a generic error that means the application has encountered an internal problem.
What causes KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR?
This error typically occurs when the system is low on memory.
- kernel data inpage error windows 10 hp
- kernel data inpage error windows 10 dell
- how do i fix kernel data inpage error?
- kernel data inpage error windows 7
- kernel data inpage error windows 8